A well-known style of music that dates back to 12th Century CE, North India, and was made famous by the likes of Ravi Shankar, Hariprasad Chaurasia and singers such as Venkatesh Kumar, Parveen Sultana, Hariharan, Gangubai and many more. Our Hindustani Vocal program will teach you important concepts such as swara, bandish, swaramalika, developing the ability to play alongside Western instrumentalists and more.
You will learn:
– Breathing & Physical Exercises
– Practice different kinds of Swaramalika
– The Ragas in Hindustani music – Bhupali, Yaman, Khamaz and more
– Taals or rhythmic cycles
– Hone the skill to sing alap, taans.
– Different genres of Indian music (Ghazal, Folk and more)
– Song learning and more.